Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pinterest Summer Recipe Challenge: Sweet Honey Cinnamon Butter

If you are a Pinterest addict like I am, you'll know that sometimes you pin ideas that you, for all intents and purposes, plan to try at some point. My recipe board, Nyam, is full of those. I decided that this summer, I'm actually going to make use of this board and try these recipes out. My goal is 1-2 recipes per week, and I'm calling it my Pinterest Summer Recipe Challenge. You can find more of my challengers here.

I saw this on pinterest, which was originally a Texas Roadhouse Recipe. Uhm...yes please and thankyouverymuch, may I have some more??

I made it a habit to use organic and/or local, natural ingredients when possible. I'm glad to say this recipe is almost completely so!



You will need:
2 sticks of organic, unsalted butter, room temperature (I used the kind you can now buy at Costco)
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c local honey (I am a honey snob, local is the only way to go. Perhaps this warrants a post for the near future)
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon







You will do:
1) bring your butter to room temperature, it must be soft but not melted.
2) whip it up with a mixer
3) slowly incorporate each ingredient, one at a time until well blended.
4) spoon into small canning jars
5) love on your little (see below)









Storage is based on your preference.
**Thanks Jenna for clarifying about storing unsalted butter, because I wasn't aware.. Unsalted butter does not keep as well at room temp as salted butter does.  At our house, we use a French butter crock, and we go through at least a stick of butter a week (I know.. ugh). The science behind the french butter crock is that the water supposedly acts as a seal and helps keep the butter longer. Because we go through butter so fast, I've never really tested this theory, but it definitely keeps the butter at a nice consistency and it just sits in a cupboard.  I wasn't planning on putting this butter into our crock, so I suppose I'll be refrigerating it after I get my fill.

This butter is great on bread, muffins or..that sour cream banana bread you made after my post last week ;)
So... Miss-chevious was up to no good this afternoon while I whipped away this confection. She's rolled outside of her playmat before, and like in the picture below, it's just been one or two rolls away. But this time, this little girl got herself like 5 feet away from the mat within a matter of a couple minutes. This protective mama did not stop to take a picture, instead scooped up her little one and plopped her right back into the mat.. I had been prepared for this for a couple weeks, but I knew there was something up when suddenly it got really quiet behind me.. hmm.. Oh well, no harm no foul. She was pretty pleased with herself though!

2 comments:

  1. Just be careful about leaving unsalted butter at room temp. Since the salt is used as a preservative, it goes rancid more quickly thank salted butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna, I made an edit to the post saying that.. It didn't click that salted butter stays longer, even though it makes sense. :)

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...