Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Roughly 182 days...or, 6 months.


Dearest little Penelope,

Here we are - the six month mark. It never ceases to amaze me how much you've grown each month, and when I compare it to over the last half a year.. I'm just blown away at the amazing feat you've accomplished! Way to go, my precious one!

I try not to romanticize my life with you, but how can I not gush about how much fun you are? We're the best of buds, baby, and having you in my life is such a blessing!

We love you so much, keep learning and growing.. but you don't need me to tell you that! ;)
Love,
Mama and Daddy

Penny's accomplishments over the last month include..
The big one: Sitting up! She started sitting up around the begining of August, but only on soft surfaces (like the bed) and kinda did this hula-girl wobble. Now, she sits by herself for an indefinite period of time! Next step..using those abs to pull herself up into a sitting position, which is not too far away.

She has this little song she sings to herself, it goes "ahhh yah yah yah yah!" It started out when she was bored, but now it's sort of melted into "pay attention to me!"

I've mentioned this before, but she loves to (in fact, insists) touch whatever is in my hands, especially glasses. When she has the chance to pull the glass to her face, she tries to suck on it.

She's such a chatty little thing in the morning.

She now shakes rattles and pulls toys towards herself.

We discovered her first beauty mark! Until now she didn't have any birth marks (except for stork bites that still hang around on the back of her neck and head, which are fading) but now she sports a cute little dot on her side.

She "bops" things with her balled up fist - toys that twirl, rattles, her thighs, her eyes/ears when she's tired..mama's face in the morning..

She's excellent at putting her foot in her mouth, and will suck on her big toe when bored.


She has tasted a few fruits and veggies - peaches, pears, watermelon and a brocolli floret. As mentioned before, we are going the baby led weaning route so these were not purees, but chunks of food.

At her 6 month appointment, she weighs 15 lbs 10 oz and is 24 1/4 inches long.. She definitely lives up to her favorite song, a variation of the "I'm a little teapot," - she is short and stout! But I love her rolls so much!

She also says "ma" "mam" and "ba"!

And here is a little photo shoot.
This absolutely adorable ladybug beanie/cape combo was lovingly made by Kelly from The Blissful Baby Boutique. She has so many cute designs for both baby and mama. Seriously, check her out. The yarn is so soft and this beanie has grown with Penny since she was a wee newborn. I love that we've been able to use this outfit for her newborn and six month photo shoot...maybe her noggin will still fit in it by the time she is 1! Wishful thinking, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...