Monday, April 15, 2013

Toddler Lunch: Crispy Baked Zucchini Coins

Miss Penny has become quite the little fruity-vore. Lately all I can get her to eat willingly and with gusto are berries. This isn't a huge concern to me since she's still breastfeeding but the mama of this Pierogie wants to make sure she's getting all of her veggies too.

Today I tried a new tactic. With new teeth breaking through, Penny has been wanting crunchy but also really likes the soft juicyness that berries provide. So I tested out this little idea and it was a total hit :)

You will need:

1 zucchini, washed
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
1/8 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup milk

You will do:
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F.
2. Combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese in a small dish.
3. Slice the zucchini into thick coins or sticks.
4. Dip the coins/sticks into milk and toss into breadcrumb mix, ensuring they are evenly coated.
5. Arrange onto a non-stick baking pan, top with additional Parmesan if it suits you.
6. Bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes, gently flip them over and bake for another 5 minutes.

Allow to cool and serve to your toddler with a side of marinara sauce. Oh, and these are definitely mama friendly too :)


4 comments:

  1. We love zucchini in our household so I will have to try this with my little ones. I think they will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm!! Maybe I could actually get my son to eat a vegetable?!!? He's exhausting sometimes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious. Maybe o can also get hubs to eat his veggies with these too

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...