Thursday, April 4, 2013

Walks to the mailbox

Although Penny has been walking since she was about 10 1/2 months old, only recently have I been giving her the freedom to walk outside. Now that most days really feel like Spring, we make it a daily ritual to walk to the mailbox together.

It's so funny how living life through your child's eyes puts things into perspective. The simple act of just walking outside. Penny's gone through life always in someone's arms (outside), and suddenly one day - mama sets her down and encourages her to follow. The look of shock on her face was priceless. And the more I thought about it.. it was a big milestone for me too. After all, this entire lifetime that Penny and I will share together will be of me letting her go further and further away from me. It brings joy, pride and a twinge sadness to a mama's heart. Just a while ago she rested underneath my heart and now we're walking to the mailbox together.

And then there's the little things that she reminds me to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...