Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Peachy: Dessert Recipe Round Up


This week I bought a case of peaches...and kind of ended up with more than I can handle! But that's a good problem to have right?

So I spend an afternoon canning half of the case by using this tutorial from Make it Do. Super easy to follow for the novice canner without any extra special ingredients or tools. Just jars, water, sugar, peaches, big ole pot of water. Lots of time. Do it - you will be happy you did!

But I'm still left with a ton of peaches, and there's only so many times per week that I can make my super secret peach cobbler and still feel good about my self image. So I talked to some of my bloggy friends and they all shared their peachy recipes for me pass on to you! How nice!

So go ahead and pin this list round up and keep it around for the next couple weeks while peaches are in season and cheap. You'll be glad you did! And when you do try any of them out, be sure to let me know what you though! (And of course, give the author some love too!)








This isn't from a blog, but I tried these skillet pork chops with peaches from McCormick. I try to avoid copious amounts of salt, so I cut it down to 1/2 tsp of Lawry's.

A few ideas from The Pierogie Mama's kitchen:
Freeze slices on a cookie sheet to have for smoothies for the rest of the year
Puree / Mash up left over pieces and put them in a reusable baby/toddler food pouch.
---Like a Yummi Pouch - enter to win a pack here!---
Mix with finely milled oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce, roasted sweet potatoes or bananas! 
Got a recipe to share? Link up in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I love these recipes. We canned a whole bunch of peaches last summer. It is so nice to open up a jar in the dead of winter and make a cobbler. So comforting!

    Erin K. (erinknack08@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...